Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I got robbed, literally

I don't update my blog much because nothing exciting ever happens to me anymore, especially compared to everything below. But, I did get robbed which is both exciting and incredibly frustrating.

Someone broke in to my apartment and made off with my computer (ouch!), my TV (eh...), two ipods (double ouch!), and a digital camera (but not the good one). They also took some clothes (who else wears 32x62 jeans and extra medium shirts?) and my big backpack that took me all over Europe (sentimental tear).

They got in in the middle of the day, in broad daylight, with a screwdriver. How clever. Then they tried to get in again two days later and then a third time 3 days after that. Why? I dont know. I don't have much left that's worth stealing. My guess is that they were trying to get in to my apartment in order to get in to my neighbor's apartment, which they got in to the first time but got spooked before they got all his goods.

Do I have renters insurance? No. I have always had it but I never got it here once I got back from Ireland. Of course I never needed it when I had it and got robbed the first time I went without it. I am, after all, Russ Cornelius...

No comments: