Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 13 - Tuscan Villa

What an unexpected bonus this is. I woke up in the morning and went outside to find the girls picking basil leaves from the garden so we could make homemade pesto that evening. I had a swim in the infinity pool to wake me up a bit. The pool overlooks grape and olive vineyards as far as the eye can see. It looks like you could swim right over the edge of the pool and down the hill. We all loaded up and headed to the nearest village to get the rest of the pesto ingredients. When we got back we had a quick pasta lunch and I was back in the pool with a few Coronas. We all spent the whole afternoon in the pool, it was perfect. Once evening hit we spent about 4 hours making enough pesto to feed a football team. We had a feast outside that night and I never want to eat pesto again.

No comments: