Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 7 - Barcelona

Today I had every intention of going on an organized bicycle tour of Barcelona but I slept too late. No worries, I can catch it tomorrow. We walked down the main street of Las Ramblas and we were early enough that we saw most of the street performers putting on their makeup and costumes. This place had more street performers than I have every seen and most of them were very clever. They also have one million souvenir shops and quite a few pet shops on the street selling everything from turtles to chipmunks. We made it to the plaza at the end and found a place to rent bikes. It was the best decision I ever made. It was so fun to just cruise around town, it made me feel like a little kid in Coldwater again. I had a big clunky cruiser. We didnt really know where to go but stumbled across some Gaudi architecture and Sagrada Familia. Sagrada Familia might be the coolest looking building I have ever seen but I didnt want to pay a tenner to get in. Google it. After a lunch we came back to the hostel and Steph and I went to the beach while Jeff hung out at the hostel. The beach here is great. Nice sand, great water, and tons of people. I spent the whole afternoon/evening at the beach and then had a quit night at the hostel before bed.

No comments: