Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 8 - Barcelona

I slept throught the freaking bike tour again! Damn it! In my defense, I had a terrible nights sleep due to a snoring Englishman in the bunk below mine. Once we got around we went to an internet cafe to check the ferry options to Italy. Once we figured that out we set off to the ticket office to book the tickets. The ferry company has a new name but never bothered to update the website or tell anyone, so what should have taken 15 minutes took an hour and a half just to find the right office, then they told us we couldnt buy the tickets until after 5pm. Once that debacle was finished I was slightly peaved. We hopped on the metro to Guell Park, which is on top of a hill overlooking the city and has some Gaudi architecture inside. After a pleasant stroll through the park we headed back across town to actually buy the tickets for the ferry. It felt like a major accomplishment to actually have these tickets in our hands. It was a long and hot day and I was a little cranky so we headed back to the hostel. There was a market nearby so we got some cheap food and cooked it at the hostel. I got a bottle of wine for less than 2 euros and that made me feel a bit better. Once some people had gathered at the hostel we fired up a drinking game, got everyone loose, and went out to a nightclub. Somewhere along the way I lost Jeff and Steph. The nightclub was called Razmataz, I recommend it if you are ever in town. Good music and then halfway through a live band came out and jammed for a bit. Next thing I know its 6am and I can see the sun. Got little to no sleep and...

No comments: