Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 20 - Paros & Santorini

Our ferry left Paros at 12:30, so we had to get up and get checked out in time to have breakfast and get on the ferry. This boat ride was only 3 hours and someone from our hotel was at the port to pick us up. Santorini is more volcanic than the other islands and you can see it in the rocks. The port is at the bottom of a steep hill and there is a winding road up to the top. We sat our stuff down in the hotel and walked over to a scooter shop to rent some wheels. I got a scooter and Jeff and Steph got a 4-wheeler. We got on the road and headed for a town called Oia, which is know for its spectacular sunsets. We stopped at a restaurant along the way. Oia is a really neat town built right into the cliffs. The sunset drew a pretty big crowd, but I wasn't as impressed as I hoped I would be. Even so, I got some neat pics and the city at night was amazing. Two of my favorite pics came from here:



After the sunset we scooted on back to the hotel and hung out at the pool for a bit before crashing.

No comments: