Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 28 - Mykonos & Athens

I got up early to get checked out and head to the port. I had to walk quite a ways from the bus stop to the port. This was a long ferry as well, almost 8 hours back to Athens.

I arrived in Athens at about 8:30pm with no accommodation booked. I knew where a supposedly good hostel was located so I headed in that direction, hoping they would have one bed free for the night. I had the directions written down and they let me down. I still claim that the road doesnt exist. So, I was a bit lost. In Athens. At 10pm. (I may have mentioned this before, but Athens is dirty, dodgy, and hot.)

I was at the point where I was about to sleep in a park when I spotted a sign in the distance, down an alley. If it was any smaller, I wouldnt have been able to read it. "Hostel" So I walked in and asked if they had a bed for me. They did, and it was only 15 euros. Deal.

When I walked in to the room, I was punched in the face by heat and odor. It was a 6 man room and I was man #6. There was no A/C, only one small window, and several spiders. My bed had no sheets or pillow. I went straight to bed. It was the worst excuse for a hostel I had ever seen.

No comments: