Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 25 - Mykonos

So you already know that I got home in the very early morning and basically got right to packing up to check out and head to the port. Needless to say, I didnt feel so hot. Actually, I felt TOO hot. The bus ride through the winding roads to the port almost ended in disaster but I was able to keep it down. I must have drank a gallon of water at the port while waiting for the ferry. This trip to Mykonos was only an hour and a half so the boat was passengers only, no cars, and super fast.

The mighty seas were high that day my friends! I was fast asleep when we hit the first wave and it scared the bejesus out of me. I believe the driver was also taken by surprise because after everyone and everything hit the roof, there was a noticeable reduction in speed, much to our relief. I was sure I was going to puke and to this day I still cant believe I never did. Once the initial shock was over, the crowd rejoiced that we were now moving at a more appropriate speed over the waves so it felt more like a roller coaster than sky diving.

Then el capitan over here decides he's Dale Earnhardt Jr on water and floors it. So once again there were 150 people bouncing all over the boat. Food and drink went everywhere. All I could so was cower in my seat like a little girl and weep openly for the next hour.

Once I got to my campsite on Paradise Beach I crashed and slept through the night.

No comments: