Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 29 - Athens & the ferry

I was up early to head to the bus station to go to Patras. I opted for the bus this time instead of the train. It was much quicker and cooler. I got some bad directions (again) from the guy at the hostel and was quickly lost (again) in Athens. Did I mention Athens is hot as hell? Especially with a backpack on. I was lucky to find a sympathetic and English speaking (sort of) bus driver who let me on his bus for free and dropped me off at the appropriate bus stop to get me to the terminal.

Once in Patras I didnt have to wait long for the ferry back to Bari, Italy. Again I had only a deck ticket so I set up camp on a nice bench.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE to read this blog...I feel as though I have been on a tour of back dodgy hot a hell streets that always lead to a beautiful beach ....