Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 22 - Paros and Ios

On this morning I said goodbye to Jeff and Stephanie. They headed to Crete and I headed to another island called Ios. I had a morning ferry so I was up and around while they waited around for their evening boat ride.

In Ios I had reserved a "bungalow" at a campsite that was right on the best beach on the island. When I got there, they gave me the key and I quickly found out that bungalow=doghouse in Greece. What did I expect for 11 euros a night? The door came up to about the middle of my chest but I opened it anyway, only to find it occupied by 2 hungover Italians. Back at reception, mass confusion. I'll spare you the details but basically I sat around for an hour and they ultimately upgraded me from a doghouse to an overgrown port-a-potty. But at least I had the WHOLE thing to myself. It was sweltering hot inside this thing. On the bright side, it did have a light and a decent view...



I went to the pool and met some friends, mostly Aussies, and we enjoyed some strawberry daiquiris all day while in and out of the pool and ocean. The beach was literally right across the street from the pool. After a shower I watched a movie with everyone at the outside bar. Shortly after we all caught the bus into town for a bit of a pub crawl. This would be my earliest night in Ios, I came home at about 2.

No comments: