Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 42 - Vienna

I had to get up early today to switch hostels to a newer one, closer to town. Bec and I said goodbye to Brendan and then hit the streets. Our first stop was a piercing parlor where I got my lip pierced and from there to the museum of modern art. There was an exhibit called "bad painting, good art" which proved to be very interesting. This museum had some very weird art too, particularly the performance art. Beyond explanation. Just...odd.

We had some lunch and then went to stand in line for tickets to the opera. For only 4 euros you can get a standing ticket in a pretty decent spot in the famous opera house. The show was great, though I had to read the translator the whole time.

Post opera we hung out at our hostel bar and met some folks and then went to bed.

No comments: